Data protection notice
This policy sets out the ways in which we may collect and use your personal information.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the data controller is ILM (we or our or us). We are registered as a charity in England and Wales (Reg. No. 248226) and in Scotland (Reg. No. SC039693). Our registered office is at 1 Giltspur Street, London EC1A 9DD.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process any personal information which you provide to us, including:
- Information that you provide to us via our website www.i-l-m.com (our site). For example, the information you provide to us if you subscribe to our newsletter, enter a promotion, complete a survey, request information.
- Information that you provide to us when purchasing goods or services via our site, for example the account details you provide to us if making a purchase by credit card, debit card, or direct debit.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you are a registered member of our site, we may collect statistical information about the publications which you may access through our site, and the pages that you visit on our site.
- If you make a direct debit transaction through our site, we will store your sort code and account number against your record in our database which is held in a secure server.
What do we use personal information for?
We may use the information you have provided to us in the following ways:
- To send newsletters to you if you have signed up to receive them.
- To provide you with information about our products, services, and upcoming events if you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about any important changes to our products and services which may impact you, or your use of our site.
- We may use statistical information collected about the publications you have accessed through our site and the pages which you have visited on our site to improve the content and product offerings on our site, and to customise the layout of our site to better suit the users of our site.
- To fulfil any transaction for any goods or services you have ordered via our site.
Disclosure of your personal information
We will not sell or license your personal information to any third party. However, we may disclose your personal information:
- To any member of our group companies.
- To sub-contractors engaged by us to provide services on our behalf.
- In order to provide you with any goods or services you have purchased or requested if this is necessary.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation to do so.
Where do we store personal data?
All personal information provided to us is either stored on our secure servers located in the UK, or on the secure servers of sub-contractors that we have engaged to provide services on our behalf.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to or from our site.
You may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the ‘unsubscribe’ functionality at the foot of any marketing communications send to you.
For ILM learners: if you are a learner on an ILM course, the personal date we hold about you has been provided to us by the ILM centre from which you receive your training. For this reason, any request to change this should be submitted through your ILM training provider.
For ILM centres: please email email@example.com in order for us to update or correct any inaccuracies in information held in your centre record.
Links from our site
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you at anytime by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will then send you an access request to fill and return to us. We may charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.