Level 2 Team Leading
<< Return to the qualification finder
The skills and knowledge you need to tackle the role with confidence
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is designed for new and aspiring team leaders – get an in-depth introduction to the role and its responsibilities. This is a nationally recognised qualification – the ideal launch pad for your management career.
We are working with Ofqual to relaunch this qualification on 1 September 2014
Results for you
• The core skills to lead a team successfully
• Motivation techniques to get the best from people
• The confidence to tackle difficult issues, like underperformance
• Tools to develop yourself as a leaderImpact for your employer
• Team leaders equipped with the skills they need to perform
• Staff who are competent to manage people and relationships
• Better communication and collaboration in teams
• Incentivise your staff to develop their potential
Focus on the skills you need
Three mandatory units cover the core skills you need to lead a team. You’ll learn how to plan, allocate and monitor work; tools and techniques to develop yourself as a leader; and how to get the most from your team. Then work with your employer and training provider to find the best fit from a wide range of optional units. These cover everything from communication skills to business improvement techniques. The choice includes units from Level 3 qualifications, to help you progress in your career and in formal professional training.
Full qualification details
|Credit Value||13 - 36|
|Structure||The qualification is structured into 3 unit groups. At least 1 hour of induction and at least 2 hours of tutorial support are required. There are 3 mandatory units from group 1 and a choice of optional units from groups 2 and 3. Learners must attain a minimum of 13 credits (maximum of 6 credits from|
Information for ILM centres
For each qualification select the units you want to deliver using the qualification specification builder. The builder does NOT verify if your selection of units meets the ‘rules of combination’. Rules are displayed at the top of each qualification page. If you have any questions about unit combinations please contact ILM Customer Services or your EV.
Create qualification specification >>
Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading (FPR)
• Time commitment: minimum 38 hours of structured learning (depending on the units selected), plus self-study, project work
Select units for creation of specification
• Three mandatory units from Group 1 and a range of optional units from Groups 2 and 3.
• The option to include a maximum of 6 credits from Level 3 units from Group 3.