Scottish framework qualifications
ILM has a range of nationally recognised qualifications included on the Scottish Credit Qualification Framework (SCQF)
The SCQF is the national qualifications framework for lifelong learning in Scotland. It’s a way of comparing the wide range of Scottish qualifications by giving each qualification a level and a number of credit points.
Visit the SCQF website for more information on this framework.
Download the SCQF overview table showing how SCQF qualifications compare across other frameworks.
We have a wide portfolio of SCQF qualifications, listed below.
Leadership and Management
- ILM SCQF Level 5 Qualifications in Leadership and Team Skills
- ILM SCQF Level 6 Qualifications in Leadership and Management
- ILM SCQF Level 9 Qualifications in Leadership and Management
Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM SCQF Level 5 Award in Introduction to Mentoring Skills
- ILM SCQF Level 6 Qualifications in Coaching
- ILM SCQF Level 9 Qualifications in Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM SCQF Level 11 Qualifications in Executive Coaching and Mentoring
Business and Enterprise
- ILM SCQF Level 5 Qualifications in Enterprise
- ILM SCQF Level 5 Certificate in Team Leading
- ILM SCQF Level 5 Qualifications in Effective Team Member Skills
- ILM SCQF Level 7 Certificate in Management for Social Care Supervisors
- ILM SCQF Level 9 Qualifications in Leadership
In January 2016 the Institute of Leadership & Management separated into two distinct organisations. The ILM qualifications and assessment arm transferred to become part of City & Guilds Group, whilst its membership and research activities continue to operate independently as a Professional Body.
As a result of these changes, ILM has relinquished its status as an SCQFP Approved Credit Rating Body. The responsibility for the credit rating of current and new qualifications will now be undertaken by the City and Guilds of London Institute (CGLI), rather than ILM.
No changes have been made to the learning outcomes or the assessment criteria of the current portfolio of SCQF qualifications, however the certificate provided to learners has changed to reflect the fact that CGLI is the credit rating body.
*All ILM qualifications are awarded by The City and Guilds of London Institute which was founded in 1878 and is incorporated by Royal Charter.