About the cookies we use, why we use them, and their impact upon you.
Who are ‘we’?
ILM is part of the City and Guilds Group.
The City and Guilds of London Institute is a charity registered in England and Wales (312832), and Scotland (SC039576).
The City and Guilds of London Institute is a company registered in England and Wales at 5-6 Giltspur Street, London, EC1A 9DE, Reg. Co. number 1894671
What are ‘cookies’?
Cookies are text files that contain two pieces of information, a site name and a unique user ID. By user unique ID we are referring to your IP address. When you visit our site and accept our cookies, they are downloaded onto your device. This ensures that future use of the site is quicker, easier and more personable.
What are these cookies used for?
- avoid lengthy registration/personalisation of the site each time you visit;
- recognise you when you login/visit and make it easier for you to access your account information;
- estimate our audience size and patterns;
- ensure that you are not asked to register twice;
- control how often you see similar adverts;
- track preferences so we can improve and update our websites;
- track the progress and number of entries in some of our promotions and contests;
- to identify your location so we can bring you personalised news and updates;
- You don’t need cookies to navigate the site, although you may not be able to have a full customer experience.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies but without them certain parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can evaluate and enhance the performance of our site. The information that we collect about you through our site cannot be used to directly identify you.
These cookies allow our advertising partners to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Do I have to provide consent?
Essential cookies that are required for the site to function will be used but we will ask for your consent to use non-essential cookies.
You can manage your cookie preferences at any time by clicking the cookie settings button below.
You can also manage them through your browser by clearing your cookies, if you choose to use this method you will be asked to confirm your preference the next time you visit our site.
Where can I find out more information?
You can find out more information cookies at the following website: