Customer handbook and fees
The ILM customer handbook contains all the essential information you need to work with ILM, including your contract and our policies.
Section A: Introducing ILM (PDF)
Section B: How to become an ILM Approved Centre and Recognised Provider (PDF)
Section C: Your contract with ILM (PDF) The key points of our contract are summarised below
Section D: Policies and Guidance (PDF)
What our ILM contract covers
Your contract is at the heart of your relationship with ILM - it outlines how we work together, what is expected of each of us. It is important that you read and understand this document because you are required to comply with it.
The contract for ILM Approved Centres and Recognised Providers covers the following areas:
- A definition of terms - explaining the main terms used in the contract such as Approved Programme or Intellectual Property Rights
- Period of contract - providing information on notice period for termination of contract
- Centre / Provider’s obligations and ILM’s obligations - this sets out what each party agrees to do, and agrees not to do
- Intellectual Property Rights - covers ownership of intellectual property in regards to provider and test materials
- Data Protection - complying with the Data Protection Act when collecting, using and storing learner data
- Confidentiality - maintaining the confidentiality of ILM and Centre/Provider information and data
- Suspension - this outlines what this means in practice, and when suspension may occur.
- Termination -how and when a contract may be terminated and the responsibilities of both parties.