These terms and conditions of website use (terms) apply to your use of www.i-l-m.com (our site) and to any declarations you make when using our site to apply for ILM membership (see Section C). By using our site, you agree to abide by these terms.
Section A: community terms and conditions
If you register as a member of www.i-l-m.com, you may participate in our online community and tailor your community news feed to topics that interest you. As a member of the community, you agree to abide by the following principles:
1. The community exists to provide a place for discussing leadership and management, leadership and management development, and related topics. Please keep any material you post on topic.
2. As the community is work-related, members may mention their expertise and services where it is relevant or justified by a discussion. It does not exist for members to directly promote their own services, or to provide free advertising. If we believe this has happened we may remove the material without notice to you.
3. Your conduct in the community should be professional, polite, and courteous to other members. We do not allow abusive or threatening language, personal attacks or discriminatory comments relating to particular groups. Examples of this include racist or sexist language.
4. ILM centres and training providers may use their profile for marketing and promotional purposes and blogs, discussions and comments to establish their expertise as a training provider. ILM centres and training providers may use their profile and the community to promote and market their ILM provision only, and may not promote non-ILM qualifications or training that does not have ILM endorsed or development status. It is the responsibility of all ILM centres and training providers to ensure that all information provided via their profile and the community (including pricing and services) are accurate, up to date, and not misleading in any way.
5. You are responsible for your own user profile and for updating the information you enter online. Please do not disclose you personal address or other personal contact details in the public forum for security reasons.
6. The community is passively moderated; ILM does not view any material before it is posted, however, we may chose to read material from time to time and participate in the community as appropriate. We may remove any material that we believe to be offensive, misleading, or which may infringe any of the community terms and conditions.
7. If we remove any materials posted by a user, we may elect to moderate any further materials posted by that user (without notice) for a reasonable period of time. In this case, new materials will only be posted once we have reviewed and approved them.
8. If you wish to flag any materials or conduct as inappropriate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing as much information as possible, including a link to such materials. We will consider your complaint as soon as reasonably possible, and take such action as we believe to be appropriate.
9. ILM is not in anyway responsible for any user-generated content on this community site, or for its accuracy. While ILM may monitor and moderate the site from time to time, all material posted is and remains the responsibility of the person who posted the content and that person is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the content, and that complies with these terms and the law.
Section B: general terms and conditions
1. Information about us
www.i-l-m.com is a site operated by The Institute of Leadership & Management (we or our or us). We are registered as a charity in England and Wales (Reg. No. 248226) and in Scotland (Reg. No. SC039693). Our registered office is located at 1 Giltspur Street, London EC1A 9DD. We are regulated by OFQUAL.
2. Information about you and your visits to our site
3. Accessing our site
a. If you choose or are provided with a user name, password or other piece of security information, you must treat such information as confidential. We may disable any user name or password at any time if, in our reasonable opinion, you are in breach of these terms.
b. We may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
c. We may suspend, amend, or withdraw any service or content provided through our site without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, our site is unavailable at any time for any period.
4. Intellectual property rights
a. We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and the content published on it. Such works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
b. You may print a copy and download extracts of any pages from our site for your personal reference, provide you acknowledge The Institute of Leadership and Management as the copyright owner of such materials.
c. You must not use any content on our site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a written licence from us to do so.
d. If you wish to enquire about using any content on our site, please contact insert email.
a. ‘ILM’, ‘Institute of Leadership & Management’, and ‘Edge’ are registered trade marks of The City & Guilds of London Institute, and may not be used without obtaining prior written permission from us.
b. If you wish to enquire about using a trade mark owned by us, please contact insert email.
6. Linking to our site
a. You may link to our homepage, provided you do not do so in a way that suggests any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists. When linking, please link using the following hyperlink text ‘ILM – ILM qualifications’ .
b. Our site must not be framed on any other site.
7. Links from our site
Links from our site to third party websites are provided for your reference only. We have no control over the contents or availability of those websites, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
8. Our liability
a. The content shown on our site is provided on an ‘as is’ basis, without any representations, guarantees, or warranties - including warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose.
b. To the extent permitted by law, we (and all other members of our group) expressly exclude:
i. all conditions, warranties, and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law, or the law of equity;
ii. any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, or inability to use, our site, including (without limitation) any liability for loss of: income or revenue; business; profit or contracts; anticipated savings; data; goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This provision does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
9. Viruses and hacking
a. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing computer viruses or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
b. Breach of this provision may amount to an offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, and we may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operate with them.
c. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any virus or other malicious or technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
We may revise these terms from time to time at our discretion. The terms posted on this page at the time of your use of our site shall apply.
11. Contacting us
If you have any concerns about content which appears on our site, please email email@example.com
12. Applicable law
These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Section C: membership terms and conditions
If applying through the website to become a member of ILM you agree in addition to the following condition:
I declare that the statements made are correct and I understand that membership will be rescinded if the information is later found to be false or misleading. If I am admitted into ILM, I agree that I will be governed by ILM’s Code of Conduct and regulations. I will promote and support ILM in its mission to develop leaders and managers.