Level 3 Effective Management
<< Return to the qualification finder
Practical skills, tools and techniques for first-line managers.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is designed to prepare you for your first management role, or, if you are a practising first-line manager, equip you with tools and techniques to help improve your performance and get more from your teams.
Results for you
• Build a portfolio of core management skills
• Use these new skills in your own role, with support from your training provider
• Communicate clearly, manage relationships confidently
• Get a recognised qualification for your professional developmentImpact for your employer
• Close skills gaps – customise this to fit organisational development needs
• Units range from general management skills, such as project management and budgeting, to specialist areas such as
procurement and supply chain management
• Measurable results: workplace-based assessment ensures effective transfer of learning to your business
Focus on the skills you need
There is one mandatory unit, ‘Solving problems and making decisions’, which will equip you with the skills to identify and analyse problems, gather information and evaluate options to get the best solution. Then, work with your employer or training provider to find the best fit from a wide range of other skills-focused units. These include units that focus on developing your leadership skills, motivating teams, understanding innovation and managing change in your organisation. You can also take some Level 4 and Level 2 units, to help you progress in your career and in formal professional training.
Full qualification details
|Credit Value||25 - 36|
|Structure||There are 4 unit groups. At least 2 hours of induction and 4 hours tutorial support are required. A minimum of 25 credits (a minimum of 4 credits from group 2, a maximum of 12 credits from group 4), and no more than 36 credits are required to achieve this qualification.|
Information for ILM centres
For each qualification select the units you want to deliver using the qualification specification builder. The builder does NOT verify if your selection of units meets the ‘rules of combination’. Rules are displayed at the top of each qualification page. If you have any questions about unit combinations please contact ILM Customer Services or your EV.
Create qualification specification >>
Level 3 Certificate in Effective Management (FPR)
• Time commitment: minimum 67 hours of structured learning, plus self-study, project work and assignments
Select units for creation of specification
• One mandatory unit from Group 1
• Choice of optional units from Group 2 (minimum of 4 credits)
• Choice of optional units from Group 3 and 4 (maximum of 12 credits from Group 4)