Focus on the skills you need
This qualification is available as a concise Award, a broader Certificate and a comprehensive Diploma. Each unit in this qualification focuses on a specific set of skills and knowledge, in six broad areas.
• Working with people – a range of units including how to motivate your team and techniques and strategies to develop the people you manage
• Managing yourself and personal skills – including units that focus on assessing your own leadership performance, and developing the mental toughness to handle challenges, opportunities and stresses in your role
• Providing direction – for example, the skills to plan and lead a complex team activity
• Facilitating innovation and change – for example, assess the implications of change so you can manage it effectively, and strategies to encourage innovation in your teams
• Achieving results – such as techniques for making strong, effective decisions and finding and implementing solutions
• Using resources – including solid abilities to plan and control budgets
Work with your employer or training provider to find the units that best fit your individual and organisational requirements.