Level 3 Diploma in Management
<< Return to the qualification finder
Who is this qualification for?
The ILM Level 3 Diploma in Management (Combined Qualification) is ideal for individuals looking to take their first step into line management and for those who already have some management responsibilities. This combined knowledge and competency based qualification will build and develop new skills to enhance their management career. The qualification also forms part of the ILM Level 3 Management Apprenticeship.
Results for you
- Develop your portfolio of essential management skills
- Take charge of your personal and professional development
- Get an in-depth understanding of what is expected of a manager
- Manage your team effectively
- Get a recognised qualification for your personal development.
Impact for your employer
- First-line managers with proven competence in the role
- A broad selection of optional units to tailor the qualification to suit your organisations’ learning and development needs
- Promote a culture of organisational learning and development.
Focus on the skills you need
Learners take five mandatory units in this qualification. The first unit looks at personal and professional development, helping the learner to identify their own development needs and plan how to fulfil them. The second unit develops practical team management skills. And the three remaining units of this section delve into the theory behind people management, leadership and business.
Learners can then work with their employer and training provider to find the best-fit from the other units offered in the qualification.
Full qualification details
|Credit Value||55 - 55|
|Structure||55 credits to achieve this qualification. 31 credits from mandatory units (300-304), a minimum of 17 credits from Group 1 (305-316, 401-404, 406, 408-417) and a maximum of 7 credits from Group 2 (208, 211, 215, 317-324, 421, 423). Minimum of 41 credits through completion of Level 3 units or above.|
Information for ILM centres
For each qualification select the units you want to deliver using the qualification specification builder. The builder does NOT verify if your selection of units meets the ‘rules of combination’. Rules are displayed at the top of each qualification page. If you have any questions about unit combinations please contact ILM Customer Services or your EV.
Create qualification specification >>
Level 3 Diploma in Management (FPR)
Select units for creation of specification
- Time commitment: minimum 284 hours learning (depending on the units selected)
- Self-study, project work and assignments
- Five mandatory units
- Range of optional units