Level 3 Management of Volunteers
<< Return to the qualification finder
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is ideal if you’re preparing for your first management role in the third sector, or are a practising manager and want to improve your performance – get a solid foundation in the specific set of skills you need to manage volunteers.
Results for you
• Supervise, support and motivate volunteer workers
• Manage people with confidence, communicate well, build better relationships
• Learn a portfolio of practical management tools, techniques and skills
• Get a nationally recognised qualificationImpact for your employer
• Well-run, productive and motivated teams of volunteers
• Increased engagement with your organisation’s goals
• A wide range of optional units – customise this qualification to suit organisational needs
• Workplace-based assessment ensures new skills are effectively transferred to the job
Focus on the skills you need
This qualification is available as an Award or a more comprehensive Certificate. The optional units in this qualification cover a wide range of skills, knowledge and understanding. These include units that focus on:
• management issues specific to volunteers, including promoting volunteering in your organisation
• working with people, including building relationships and managing performance
• fundamental competencies and getting results, from problem-solving to planning and monitoring workloads.
Full qualification details
|Credit Value||6 - 11|
|Structure||The qualification is structured into 2 unit groups. 1 hour of induction and at least 1 hour of tutorial support are required. Learners must attain a minimum of 6 credits (a maximum of 5 credits from group 2), and no more than 11 to achieve this qualification.|
|Credit Value||15 - 18|
|Structure||The qualification is structured into 2 unit groups. 1 hour of induction and at least 1 hour of tutorial support are required. Learners must attain a minimum of 15 credits (a minimum of 7 credits, and a maximum of 10 credits from group 2), and no more than 18 to achieve this qualification.|
Information for ILM centres
For each qualification select the units you want to deliver using the qualification specification builder. The builder does NOT verify if your selection of units meets the ‘rules of combination’. Rules are displayed at the top of each qualification page. If you have any questions about unit combinations please contact ILM Customer Services or your EV.