Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor EPA
What is involved in Level 3 End-point assessment?
- 20% portfolio of work - a mixture of written documents, audio and video evidence that showcases the professional application of their on-programme learning.
- 30% online knowledge test - the apprentice showcases their leadership and management knowledge by answering a series of questions, explaining how they would respond to a range of different scenarios. Assessed via online on-demand testing through the evolve platform.
- 30% competency based interview - a one-to-one interview with the apprentice, using structured questions to test their understanding and application of knowledge, and to assess their soft skills, behaviours and personal leadership style.
- 20% professional discussion - the ILM assessor leads a detailed discussion around the apprentice’s personal and professional development, looking for clear evidence of focused CPD and how this has been applied to improve their performance in the workplace.
Across all assessments, the apprentice will be marked based on:
- Evidence of their performance against the requirements of the job role
- Their approach to work and learning, and completion of set tasks
- The working relationships they have built, and evidence of their interpersonal skills.
Apprentices must gain a minimum of 50% in each of the four assessments in order to pass the overall assessment. They can achieve a grade of either pass, merit or distinction.