Young Leaders Award - frequently asked questions
What qualifications do I need to deliver the Young Leaders Award?
Tutors and trainer do not need to hold any specific qualifications however they must demonstrate that they are occupationally competent to deliver an ILM programme. Occupational requirements are not prescriptive however we do suggest the following evidence indicators for tutors, internal verifiers and/or assessors:
- Relevant and sufficient occupational experience appropriate to the level and breadth of subject areas of the qualification units.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the subject areas appropriate to the level, breadth and content of the qualification units for which the centre is approved.
- Continuing Professional Development.
- Knowledge, understanding and application of a range of teaching and learning methodologies relevant to the level and subject area of the qualification units for which the centre is approved.
- Knowledge of ILM VRQ learning and assessment processes.
- Continuing Professional Development in training and learning.
Are there any resources available to help me deliver this programme?
You can purchase a range of training resources which include workbooks, e-learning modules, games and activities which cover all the key leadership, management and coaching themes.
Is the Young Leaders Award eligible for funding?
Funding may be available through Adult Education Budget: Local flexibilities, the European Social Fund and Education Funding Agency. See our funding pages for the latest information.
Who is the Young Leaders Award suitable for?
The ILM Level 2 Award and Extended Award for Young Leaders are ideal for individuals aged between 14 and 24 years who are actively engaged in structured learning within a group or community.
Does the Young Leaders Award attract UCAS points?
The ILM Level Award and Extended Award for Young Leaders do not attract UCAS points but they can help to bolster a university application by benchmarking the skills that universities want on campus. The qualification can be aligned to other programmes in your existing curriculum which means that student's broader skills development is recognise with minimal or no extra work required.
Book a call with your local Business Development Manager
Are you ready to give your students the gift of leadership skills? Or would you like to find out more? Book a call with your Business Development Manager and start the process of delivering skills that will last a lifetime.