ILM | Coaching and Talent Management webinar
Coaching is widely used in talent management programmes, and is often identified as one of the most effective interventions for career and leadership development.
In this webinar, we talked about:
- The specificities of talent coaching compared to other dyadic helping interventions
- The factors that support successful talent coaching interventions
- How talent is ill-defined in practice and how this impacts the talent coaching relationship
- The power dynamics at play in talent coaching and how to approach them
- The ethical challenges involved in talent coaching
- The Talent Coaching Matrix
The webinar was presented by Dr Karine Mangion-Thornley, a senior lecturer in Organisation Studies at the University of the West of England (UWE).
Watch the recording
Download the slides
You can also read her research paper ‘Coaching in the context of talent management: an ambivalent practice’ that was published in the International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching and Mentoring.