New ILM Level 6 & 7 Leadership and Management qualifications
15 September 2023
We’re pleased to announce that our new ILM Level 6 and 7 Leadership and Management qualifications for senior and strategic leaders have now launched.
Our new qualifications have been developed in close collaboration with our approved centres, industry experts and employers to guarantee learners high quality programmes that meet the demands and challenges of people, business and economies across the globe, such as culture and communication, transformation and change, sustainability, and DEI.
See the level 6 qualification page
See the level 7 qualification page
View our September launch webinar recording
Download the slides
Benefits for Centres, Employers and Learners
- Increased flexibility and optionality: There is a greater variety of units to choose from so programmes can be more tailored for customers at both levels. At level 7 there is also now the option for an extended diploma beyond the current award/certificate/diploma options.
- Improved progression pathways: Better progression from the level 6 to the level 7, and from award to certificate to diploma within each level, has been mapped so that the qualifications are more aligned.
- Updated unit content: The unit content has been updated to reflect the contemporary leadership landscape, enabling leaders and managers to meet the challenges and demands of today and the future.
- Updated language to give greater clarity and consistency: The language within our new qualifications has been carefully considered to ensure that it is suited to professional qualifications.
- Greater assessment guidance for centres: We’ve ensured that our new assessment guidance is robust to ensure delivery is easier.
- Streamlined assessment requirements: We have enhanced efficiencies and effectiveness within the assessment process so those undertaking the qualifications find the assessment impactful and beneficial.
- Strategic amplification: As these qualifications are for individuals in senior positions up to C-suite and CEO, we’ve ensured that the qualification content is relevant for people at this level in the UK and in international markets. This includes the addition of a level 8 unit option within the level 7 qualification.
What is the approval process?
To make the transition as streamlined as possible for our existing centres, there are different approval processes, depending on what you offer:
- All customers will be required to apply for Qualification Approval via their Quality Portal on Walled Garden
Dual accredited/mapped customers will be contacted by their Account Manager to discuss the re-mapping of programmes.
- Automatic approval will be given to mapped programmes offered by the MOD
- Fast track approval will be available for customers currently approved for 8617-51, 62 or 63 via dual accreditation
- All other customers will be required to apply for Qualification Approval via their Quality Portal in Walled Garden